Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies

Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies are an all-time favorite of mine.  They remind me of summers in North Carolina when my grandparents always had them stocked.  Baking is also an all-time favorite, so let's make them at home.

Recipe: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-little-debbie-oatmeal-creme-pies/

For my first attempt I used a 1.5 TBSP cookie scoop.  I saw a YouTube video and they guy who was making them also used the same scoop for the filling.  I found that it was perfect and perfectly used every drop of the icing and I didn't need more.

I baked the cookies for 13-15 minutes like stated in the recipe.  They were GOOD, but they weren't GREAT (although everyone who ate them thought they were).  I wanted to make them smaller, and I felt they were too hard / cooked too long.

I ordered a .5 TBSP and 1 TBSP cookie scoop! 

I love the .5 TBSP cookies scoop the most for these (I tried all three sizes again).  It made a silver dollar sized cookie.

Cooking time was 7-8 minutes for these size cookies and they came out perfectly soft.  It didn't make a different if I used a Silpat or parchment - I used both.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *