Window Shopping La Bien Aimee - from Portland

 It's a grey Friday afternoon.  It's one day before halloween, 240 ish days into Covid lockdown/work-from home, and 4 days until election day.  What am I doing?  If my boss asks, I am working.  If I am telling the truth, I am taking a quick brain break to window shop La Bien Aimee yarn from Portland, via PowerPoint and my trusty Snipping tool.

I found this color block shawl and I am obsessed. I also need an excuse to order from La Bien Aimee. This is all their DK.

To window shop from home, I open PowerPoint and I snip photos of yarn I like with my Snipping tool and paste them into a presentation.  I put all of the colors that I like on one slide, like this: 


People say I am good at choosing colors that go together - I am not.  I am just good at using tools and inspiration from people with actual ability to combine colors! Also, Pinterest!

I will find a picture that inspires me, and start there.  This one is a sweater from LL Bean.
This one is from a Pinterest image in my Color Board that I have been curating for 10 years:



I just bought this sweater, photo from Saving Paige Boutique:


As I sit here and write this, I just got an email from La Bien Aimee, and they were having the same thoughts as me! They are releasing "yarn medleys".  Genius.




Oh no, Oh no!  I have a gift card to Eat Sleep Knit and I have always wanted to try The Farmer's Daughter Juicy DK:

I made an outing just to stop at a yarn shop on the other side of Portland last weekend and discovered this beautiful yarn, Chasing Rabbit Fiber Co Merinolux DK:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *