Heads Carolina, Tails California

Tails!  Little wagging ones!  I've waited five years for this day, month, time.  That makes it sound like I haven't loved the Army, because I have, but I always knew I was leaving.  My first year was long and hard, my second year was fun and hard, the next two and a half were wonderful, and the last year and a half was miserable!  I started working with a civilian recruiter last October and went to job interviews in April.  I spent a lot of time preparing, and thank God that he's smarter than me, because I said I'd never live in California.

It's my last few days before I start my trek across the U.S. to head towards California!  I took these pictures today.  They look like every picture that I have ever taken of El Paso, because this is a dull city that never changes.  I'm excited to leave, but I'm glad that I disliked it as much as I did.  I think that it was God's plan to make me love wherever I go!




During my time in the Army, I learned not to write things down, to not journal my thoughts.  I had done that every day in college.  I am disappointment that I became that way, that I became so private.  I chronicled so much of my college time and then deleted it all.  Now I don't have the memories in a journal.  I have continued to promise myself that I would change that, so I am.  I'll start now, as I step away from this crazy job that I loved...most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *