A day in Fayetteville and an Evening in Rogers


I woke up in my hotel in Rogers with plans to head straight to Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville and then on to Hand Held Knitting to sit and knit like old times.










My favorite favorite donuts in the world!


I have always loved the Rick's Petit Fours but oh man, a razorback!


I pulled out to cross a street and got my first glimpse of Old Main and had to stop for a picture!  Stunning


I sat and knitted in Hand Held with Cynthia just like old times


I eyed this yarn but didn't pull the trigger


Old Main lawn has one of every tree that grows naturally in Arkansas.


Old Main, one of my most favorite buildings in the world!


The first senior walk going up to Old Main



Usually when I am on campus classes are out and the buildings are locked.  Not this time!  Classes were in session and I went on it.  Never mind that I started sweating like I was going to get caught trespassing.  I think I paid enough money to the school after I graduated for a quick tour!



A view of Vol Walker hall from the top floor of Old Main.  I used to take breaks and walk up here. Something about it reminded me what I was doing there and why I shouldn't give up.


I had a class in that room!
Old Main hallway


Stunning now, and it was stunning then, but I didn't appreciate it the way I do once I don't have to spend hours and hours in the building.


Let's go in!


This must be the new gallery area.  When I was in school here, there was a big ugly cube in the middle of the room.





I used to grab onto this rail in the curve and swing myself around the corner.



Too many long hours were spent here.


I was about to walk out of the building when I decided to turn around and find my advisor.  I googled her name and her office number showed up.  I turned to head that way and there she was, crossing the hall.  She remembered me by name 10 years later.  It was great to catch up, if you ask me about most influential people in college, it was Melinda, not any professor.


I went off to find my name on the side walk again






One more walk past Vol Walker Hall





I drove past the last house I lived in while I went to the UofA.  I lived on the top floor with all the brown recluses.


I lived in this house with Mit and Matt for about a year. There are a lot of happy memories in this house and I should have never moved out!


After all of that fun, I headed out to Aunt Linda's at Beaver Lake in Rogers.  I had to stop at the shoreline of my favorite lake for a bit.


This is the first time I have been to my Aunt's house in years.  She has lived there since the late 70's and this is the only house that anyone in my family still lives in.  It's full of memories and feels like home.




I stitched the night away and we talked and gossiped and caught up.  I could do this everyday!
On the way back to my hotel, I needed some gas.  I haven't pumped gas in a long time because it is illegal in Oregon so I have to remember the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *