Thanksgiving Eve with Aunt Linda



I spent the evening yesterday with Aunt Linda and headed back to my hotel.  I got up first thing, packed up, checked out of my hotel, and headed to check in at Aunt Linda's house for the rest of the holiday!

But first, Rick's Bakery.  They recently opened up in Rogers and it was conveniently on my way.




I got my favorite chocolate milk and another donut!


When I was in Walmart on Monday I saw my cousin Sarah.  She grabbed me and said hello.  She knew I was coming because we had already talked about it but I didn't expect to run into her!

We planned to meet up and she brought her kids to Rick's so we ate sugar and caught up!  She's a joy and it's always great to see her.  My grandpa died and my grandma got remarried.  She's a cousin from that grandpa's side of my family and a blood cousin to my uncle!


I took some pictures in downtown Rogers because this is the photo memory tour, isn't it?


I have other photos of this building, so, another!


We used to shop at this Dollar Saver and it has been in business FOREVER.  Well, it's closed now and becoming condos?



I also have more photos of these tracks, so more please!


I stopped in at what was once a beautiful cross stitch and quilting shop.  This is where I bought Sally Spencer and so many other projects.  I bought the material for my first quilt here.

There were cats, tons of cats, too many cats, and it smelled like dirty litter box.  It was overwhelming, it was gross!








I remember playing in this area at varied times during downtown festivals as a kid



When you see a sign that says YARN, you stop.  Should I tell them that the rest of the sign can't be read?  Nah, I can get the message of what is important loud and clear.










I love the Rogers water tower and Suzie Q.  It has also been in business since the dinosaurs roamed the earth.



I turned around to take a photo and saw this house - someone lives in it!


In history tour day three - this is my second elementary school


This is where I got off the bus and went inside each morning, the room with the pictures is my third grade classroom.  That was about 30 years ago (1991 ish), it feels like yesterday and I still can't believe kids STILL go here!



This is the hallway.


This is my third grade classroom


The front entrance.


After fast memory lane, I headed back across the Highway 12 bridge to spend the rest of the day with Aunt Linda.


I took a photo of my yarn haul in the leaves - I bought it because it matched all of the Arkansas end-of-fall foliage


We had cocoa gravy for lunch because Aunt Linda knows it's my FAVORITE thing!

Aunt Linda's Cocoa Gravy

Ingredients:

Can of biscuits - bake as directed while you make the gravy

2/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of cocoa
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups milk
Set aside:
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Mix everything but butter and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl
Microwave 3 minutes, stir, microwave and stir at 1 minute intervals until thick

Add butter and vanilla

Gravy only serves 4 and is 323 calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *