Joe, Rebekah, Lee, and baby Mason are off to Tulsa to catch their flights. Now it's just me and Arkansas until Saturday. I decided that the first order of business should be a tour through my old neighborhood.
I took an odd route out of Bentonville and the GPS stopped talking to me so I ended up far down this road but it sure did feel like Arkansas.
I went to elementary with a Gardner. You probably can't see it but that sign says Gardner building supply. I thought he came from royalty or something because his family owned that store by my house.
We used to visit the old lady that lived in this house. My mom was weird like that, every once and a while she would befriend odd neighbors and we'd go sit at their house.
The girl that lived here - she never spoke to anyone on the bus but this was the biggest house in the neighborhood. I thought her family was rich!
I used to ride my bike up and down this street
My grandma used to say I lived on the wrong side of the tracks. These were the tracks. Town was much nicer on the other side. Later I learned that it was a well known expression but I always thought it because well, it was true!
I used to have sleepovers at this house circa 1992. These houses were disgusting then and no one should have been living in them. I can't believe that people still live in them nearly 30 years later. I wonder if it has the same carpet.
This was my favorite lot to ride my bike in, by the metal recycling plant, if that's what that is. Let's Google it. It's the Rogers Iron and Metal Corp! Yep, they recycle metal. They also chase you if they catch you taking photos, that happened once in college.
This is where the bus stop was. So many morning spent standing there, rain or shine!
This is a view of the recycling plant from the same intersection as the bus stop
This was the neighbor's house on the bike side of the house I grew up in. Tarah and Stacy lived here.
There are no photos of my house. There were people working on cars in the front yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.